THIS SITE IS MOVING TO ANOTHER LOCATION:

This site has moved to another blog called, ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY. There will me no further posts to this site. The new site will continue so show my regular shooting progress, but will also contain other topics on photography, such as hands-on equipment and software reviews, historical information on photography, and much more.

When it was set up, the DAILY STOCK SHOT PROJECT was supposed to be a one year project. Last year I extended the project another year due to the popularity of the site, but now it is time to move on.

If you wish to continue following, please visit my new blog at ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY and save it as a new link.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Today I visited the ancestral home of Henry Fox Talbot, the British inventor of the positive-negative process of photography in 1839.  He called his process the calotype.  I will have more to say about the history of Talbot and his process at a later date on my new "About Photography" blog.

Lacock Abbey was the ancestral home of Henry Fox Talbot.  His earliest photography was largely taken on its premises.

On the left is a print of made from the oldest photographic negative in existance.  It was taken by Talbot from inside Lacock Abbey.  Next to it is a  photograph I took today showing the same window from the outside.

A portrait of Henry Fox Talbot taken in 1864.
It was definitely an exciting experience to be on the site of the birthplace of modern photography.  As I walked around the premises photographing with the latest in digital photography, the Nikon D800, I wondered what Fox Talbot would think of how far his invention has come.

No comments:

Post a Comment