THIS SITE IS MOVING TO ANOTHER LOCATION:

This site has moved to another blog called, ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY. There will me no further posts to this site. The new site will continue so show my regular shooting progress, but will also contain other topics on photography, such as hands-on equipment and software reviews, historical information on photography, and much more.

When it was set up, the DAILY STOCK SHOT PROJECT was supposed to be a one year project. Last year I extended the project another year due to the popularity of the site, but now it is time to move on.

If you wish to continue following, please visit my new blog at ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY and save it as a new link.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Today I visited Chichén Itzá where I arrived very early to avoid the many tourists who would come by the busload later on and make it very difficult to avoid including them in the photos.  The weather was not so great so I spent a lot of time waiting around for clouds to move and the sun to come out.

Because the clouds on the horizon were mostly dense I relied on low angles to place the ruins against the upper sky where is was blue.  A polarizing filter helped to saturate the color in the sky.

I had two cameras with me -- the Nikon D700  and D7000.  I included the D7000 primarily because of the Sigma 8-16mm zoom, which only fits a DX camera.  Other than a fisheye, there is  nothing wider than the 8mm (equivalent to 12mm on a full frame camera) focal length.  It was used to take the photo on the left above, and allowed me to include a high part of the sky for interest.  For the D700 I had the Nikon 24-70mm and 70-200mm zooms.
Happy Valentine's Day from Mexico!

No comments:

Post a Comment