THIS SITE IS MOVING TO ANOTHER LOCATION:

This site has moved to another blog called, ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY. There will me no further posts to this site. The new site will continue so show my regular shooting progress, but will also contain other topics on photography, such as hands-on equipment and software reviews, historical information on photography, and much more.

When it was set up, the DAILY STOCK SHOT PROJECT was supposed to be a one year project. Last year I extended the project another year due to the popularity of the site, but now it is time to move on.

If you wish to continue following, please visit my new blog at ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY and save it as a new link.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Once again, I started with a simple idea for one blog photo -- a close-up of a cork and corkscrew -- and wound up expanding it into quite a few variations. 

These wine glass shots were lit with two Nikon SB-900 flash units aimed at the white wall behind.  There is no other illumination on the foreground.  I used the SB-900's because they can actually keep up with the motor drive on my Nikon D3s and D3x.  As a result, I was able to obtain four or five consecutive bursts during the pour.  The SB-900 units also have a shorter flash duration than studio strobes.  This freezes the action better and yields a crisper image with no blurring.


The bubbles in the white wine glass were formed by the same method I used for the soap bubble photos from the January 26th blog entry.

The lighting here is exactly the same as above.  All I added was a small, black card behind the glass as a dark background.  The light from the strobe-lit wall wrapping around the black card was enough to highlight the bottle, the sides of the glass, and the wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment