THIS SITE IS MOVING TO ANOTHER LOCATION:

This site has moved to another blog called, ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY. There will me no further posts to this site. The new site will continue so show my regular shooting progress, but will also contain other topics on photography, such as hands-on equipment and software reviews, historical information on photography, and much more.

When it was set up, the DAILY STOCK SHOT PROJECT was supposed to be a one year project. Last year I extended the project another year due to the popularity of the site, but now it is time to move on.

If you wish to continue following, please visit my new blog at ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY and save it as a new link.

Monday, April 2, 2012

One of my favorite times to shoot is in late afternoon light with its reddish glow in contrast to a deep blue sky.  Taken in Joshua Tree NP with the Nikon D800 and 200mm focal length.

Many of the plants were in spring bloom.  I photographed this Cholla against a deep blue mid-day sky with the D800 and 16mm focal length.  I put the camera into its 1.2x crop mode which converted the 16mm to an actual 20mm focal length.  Even with the crop, the image was taken at 25.1mp resolution.

Early sunset shot at Joshua Tree with the sun peeking through the branches.

No comments:

Post a Comment