THIS SITE IS MOVING TO ANOTHER LOCATION:

This site has moved to another blog called, ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY. There will me no further posts to this site. The new site will continue so show my regular shooting progress, but will also contain other topics on photography, such as hands-on equipment and software reviews, historical information on photography, and much more.

When it was set up, the DAILY STOCK SHOT PROJECT was supposed to be a one year project. Last year I extended the project another year due to the popularity of the site, but now it is time to move on.

If you wish to continue following, please visit my new blog at ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY and save it as a new link.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012


Old technology often makes for good stock photo concepts applicable today.  I found this old 78 record in a used record store and liked the character of the aging paper jacket.  I did a number of variations of the record using the Nikon D3x camera.
The top photo is a presentation of the entire record and will probably be used as an element in a larger design.  The bottom image incorporates a red background with sufficient space for a designer to use the photo large and add copy over it.  When shooting stock photos like this I find it important to remember that my photo is only part of another design project.

No comments:

Post a Comment