THIS SITE IS MOVING TO ANOTHER LOCATION:

This site has moved to another blog called, ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY. There will me no further posts to this site. The new site will continue so show my regular shooting progress, but will also contain other topics on photography, such as hands-on equipment and software reviews, historical information on photography, and much more.

When it was set up, the DAILY STOCK SHOT PROJECT was supposed to be a one year project. Last year I extended the project another year due to the popularity of the site, but now it is time to move on.

If you wish to continue following, please visit my new blog at ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY and save it as a new link.

Friday, January 21, 2011

This is one of the reasons I love the Nikon D3s.  When shooting models I like to have them in motion and showing a lot of energy.  This couple was shot in available light with a 105mm lens at f/2.8 for a very shallow depth-of-field.  In a situation like this the models are moving rapidly in and out while they are laughing.  That is a tough situation for a camera to capture, particularly at this close distance and wide open aperture.  The D3s allows me to shoot at 9 frames per second, and with its incredible ability to track focus all the results were tack sharp.
A couple watching TV shot with available light, late in the day so the ambient light would be dark and have a bluish cast.  The TV light was simulated by a direct tungsten lamp with no color correction placed just beneath the lens.  I balanced the light close to the tungsten to achieve the blue shadows from the daylight.   I wanted the models to appear active, involved, and animated.

No comments:

Post a Comment