THIS SITE IS MOVING TO ANOTHER LOCATION:

This site has moved to another blog called, ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY. There will me no further posts to this site. The new site will continue so show my regular shooting progress, but will also contain other topics on photography, such as hands-on equipment and software reviews, historical information on photography, and much more.

When it was set up, the DAILY STOCK SHOT PROJECT was supposed to be a one year project. Last year I extended the project another year due to the popularity of the site, but now it is time to move on.

If you wish to continue following, please visit my new blog at ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY and save it as a new link.

Monday, March 26, 2012

I began my cherry blossom tour at the Jefferson Memorial and spent some time photographing it before moving on to the cherry blossoms around the Tidal Basin. 

Taken with a 16mm focal length from the entrance to the monument.  I use these extreme wide angle lenses to provide a sweeping vista.

Here the Nikon 70-200mm lens at 200mm juxtaposed the statue of Thomas Jefferson with the Ionic column in the background.

One of my favorite devices is to have the sun just peeking into a shot so that it forms a star burst.  Here I wanted to keep everything very light so I exposed for the interior and allowed the sky to wash out.

No comments:

Post a Comment