THIS SITE IS MOVING TO ANOTHER LOCATION:

This site has moved to another blog called, ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY. There will me no further posts to this site. The new site will continue so show my regular shooting progress, but will also contain other topics on photography, such as hands-on equipment and software reviews, historical information on photography, and much more.

When it was set up, the DAILY STOCK SHOT PROJECT was supposed to be a one year project. Last year I extended the project another year due to the popularity of the site, but now it is time to move on.

If you wish to continue following, please visit my new blog at ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY and save it as a new link.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Another on-going series of photos I am working on is called "Camera as Object".  Most of these are from my personal collection.  Some I used professionally.  Others I collected for their importance in the history of photography.  I still use many of them today when I want to shoot film.

All of these images were taken with a Nikon 50mm f/1.4 lens fit with a close-up filter and used wide open for a very shallow depth-of-field.

I took this photo today of my favorite film camera, one I still use, a black paint Leica M4 retro-fit by Leica with an M6 viewfinder so it includes the 28mm frame.  I included the shadow of the see-through lens hood because it is so distinctively Leica.
The Alpa 9d with 24mm Angenieux lens, a rare and beautiful combo from circa 1964.  I never used these professionally, but always admired their looks, quirky mechanics, and workmanship.

An original Contax I rangefinder made from 1932-36 and shown here with a 5cm Sonnar lens and variable viewfinder that shows framing for 28-85mm lenses.  I had this camera restored to full working order and still shoot with it today.  I use it in conjunction with a Weston Universal Master I light meter from the same era.

This is the last rangefinder to carry the Contax name, a G2 made from 1996-2005. It was a very stylish machine and still fun to use.

Hassleblad 500CM with 150mm Sonnar lens. This is the camera I used for beauty advertising photography I did in the 1980's.

A collection of old Weston light meters all of which have been re-calibrated so I can  use them when shooting with the old cameras.

My first serious professional SLR camera was the Nikon Ftn from 1968-71 shown here with a 58mm Noct-Nikkor f/1.2 lens.

Polaroid SX-70 camera circa 1970's  with a photo from it taken with the new film available from the "Impossible Project".

Sub-miniature, or "spy" cameras: in the foreground the first Minox model, a Riga circa 1940.  Behind is a Tessina, made in Switzerland since 1960. It takes actual 35mm film.
Nikon's ultimate photo-journalist's rangefinder, the 1957 Nikon SP was equipped with viewfinders for six lenses ranging from 28-135mm, which was very advanced for its time.  This, in addition to the Leica M4 shown above, is one of my favorite film cameras to use today.

No comments:

Post a Comment