THIS SITE IS MOVING TO ANOTHER LOCATION:

This site has moved to another blog called, ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY. There will me no further posts to this site. The new site will continue so show my regular shooting progress, but will also contain other topics on photography, such as hands-on equipment and software reviews, historical information on photography, and much more.

When it was set up, the DAILY STOCK SHOT PROJECT was supposed to be a one year project. Last year I extended the project another year due to the popularity of the site, but now it is time to move on.

If you wish to continue following, please visit my new blog at ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY and save it as a new link.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

I have been waiting for a cloudless day in New York to take a picture I had in mind of the Brooklyn Bridge.  I wanted to show the suspensions system in a way that suggested the complex symmetry of a spider's web.  I chose the Leica M9 because of its very high resolution and crispness of detail. The extreme wide angle coverage is due to the Voigtlander 12mm lens at an aperture of f/8.  Shooting the sky with such an extreme wide angle lens creates problems of balancing exposure in the sky.  The northern sky (to the left) was much darker than the southern sky (on right).  This resulted in a post-processing balancing act in Photoshop to equalize the two without looking false.
Another variation taken closer to the tower with the same specifications as the image above.

No comments:

Post a Comment