THIS SITE IS MOVING TO ANOTHER LOCATION:

This site has moved to another blog called, ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY. There will me no further posts to this site. The new site will continue so show my regular shooting progress, but will also contain other topics on photography, such as hands-on equipment and software reviews, historical information on photography, and much more.

When it was set up, the DAILY STOCK SHOT PROJECT was supposed to be a one year project. Last year I extended the project another year due to the popularity of the site, but now it is time to move on.

If you wish to continue following, please visit my new blog at ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY and save it as a new link.

Friday, December 16, 2011

I found these river rocks while out shopping today and brought them home to do a spa concept photo by combining them with a tropical leaf.  I did several versions starting with the one above, which is a simple treatment on a white background.  The holes in the leaves echoes the shapes of the stones.
For this version I darkened the background, and added the wood surface and water drops.  Both images were taken with the Nikon D7000, 80mm Nikon macro lens, and soft window light.  In further variations I added a candle but felt it was becoming to complicated.  There is a smooth, slick feeling in the stones and leaf in the top version that has me leaning towards it as my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment