THIS SITE IS MOVING TO ANOTHER LOCATION:

This site has moved to another blog called, ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY. There will me no further posts to this site. The new site will continue so show my regular shooting progress, but will also contain other topics on photography, such as hands-on equipment and software reviews, historical information on photography, and much more.

When it was set up, the DAILY STOCK SHOT PROJECT was supposed to be a one year project. Last year I extended the project another year due to the popularity of the site, but now it is time to move on.

If you wish to continue following, please visit my new blog at ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY and save it as a new link.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Riding my bicycle early along the East River in Manhattan I came upon this scene of the Manhattan Bridge from underneath the FDR Drive.  The weather had been predicted to be rainy, but the sun was just trying to peak through the clouds, and the scene was predominantly monochromatic.  I was carrying my Fuji X100 because it was both light and small and fit in the pocket of my sweat shirt.  Shot this at f/5.6.  The Fuji lens is 23mm, which is a 35mm equivalent in full frame.
Photographing in the opposite direction, I captured this scene of the Brooklyn Bridge.  The X100 has one fixed lens that could not fit the entire bridge so I took two panned vertical images and photomerged them in Photoshop.  Combining images this way effectively increases the resolution because it is almost like shooting with a sensor that is twice the size of the one in the camera.  The sharpness and detail are amazing, although it is not apparent in this small format.

No comments:

Post a Comment