THIS SITE IS MOVING TO ANOTHER LOCATION:

This site has moved to another blog called, ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY. There will me no further posts to this site. The new site will continue so show my regular shooting progress, but will also contain other topics on photography, such as hands-on equipment and software reviews, historical information on photography, and much more.

When it was set up, the DAILY STOCK SHOT PROJECT was supposed to be a one year project. Last year I extended the project another year due to the popularity of the site, but now it is time to move on.

If you wish to continue following, please visit my new blog at ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY and save it as a new link.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Last week I photographed a partially empty glass of beer.  When looking at it again, I thought it might be interesting to add a story element of lipstick on the rim of the glass.

I wanted to create some beer situations that looked more like they were actually photographed in a tavern.  So I added the wood background and warm tungsten light.  Of course this created a problem photographing the beer itself, which is a transparent liquid and needs to have light passing though it.  The wood background was dark and would have made the beer come out very dark.  By taking a small, white card and cutting it to the shape of the mug and then placing it behind the mug at an angle it caught the light from one of the tungsten lights and reflected it through the glass creating a light background for the beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment