THIS SITE IS MOVING TO ANOTHER LOCATION:

This site has moved to another blog called, ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY. There will me no further posts to this site. The new site will continue so show my regular shooting progress, but will also contain other topics on photography, such as hands-on equipment and software reviews, historical information on photography, and much more.

When it was set up, the DAILY STOCK SHOT PROJECT was supposed to be a one year project. Last year I extended the project another year due to the popularity of the site, but now it is time to move on.

If you wish to continue following, please visit my new blog at ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY and save it as a new link.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I needed to take a photo of a camera with pop-up flash for my DSLR teachng website, and decided it would also make a good stock photo.  Originally, I planned to do this in two shots -- one of the camera with flash and one without -- and combine them.  As it turned out, I was lucky with my timing and captured the exposure with flash and pre-warning timer light in just one shot.  This was due to the fact that I used a very slow shutter speed that was long enough to capture both lights.  The subject was lit by the pop-up flash on the Nikon D7000 I was using to photograph this.  Lens was a 50mm at f/16.  Stopping down to f/16 allowed me to use the slow shutter speed of 1/2 second that captured both flash and warning light.

No comments:

Post a Comment