THIS SITE IS MOVING TO ANOTHER LOCATION:

This site has moved to another blog called, ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY. There will me no further posts to this site. The new site will continue so show my regular shooting progress, but will also contain other topics on photography, such as hands-on equipment and software reviews, historical information on photography, and much more.

When it was set up, the DAILY STOCK SHOT PROJECT was supposed to be a one year project. Last year I extended the project another year due to the popularity of the site, but now it is time to move on.

If you wish to continue following, please visit my new blog at ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY and save it as a new link.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

 I love blueberries.  At the local farmer's market the blueberries are at the height of their season.  I visited several farm booths to taste their crop and brought home quite a few planning to use some for a blog photo.  I got a bit carried away and wound up with well over twenty variations of stock shots.  Some are included below.  All photos were taken with the same camera outfit, the Nikon D7000 with Nikon 60mm macro lens, and were back lit with a soft window light augmented by two small, silver, cardboard reflectors from the front.

Here I just wanted a very simple, straight-forward, stark photo of a single blueberry.  The softness was due both to a shallow depth of field and some further processing in Photoshop.


With the preponderance of internet image usage these days, I always try to take a long horizontal for banner placement.
 
 

 


Best of all is when you have a friend like my friend, Marg, who can turn those blueberries into a delicious blueberry tart.  Thanks Marg!

No comments:

Post a Comment