THIS SITE IS MOVING TO ANOTHER LOCATION:

This site has moved to another blog called, ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY. There will me no further posts to this site. The new site will continue so show my regular shooting progress, but will also contain other topics on photography, such as hands-on equipment and software reviews, historical information on photography, and much more.

When it was set up, the DAILY STOCK SHOT PROJECT was supposed to be a one year project. Last year I extended the project another year due to the popularity of the site, but now it is time to move on.

If you wish to continue following, please visit my new blog at ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY and save it as a new link.

Monday, June 20, 2011

I had an opportunity to test drive the new Nikon D5100.  So I took it out around the city and picked up some background shots.  I also decided to try out some zoom lenses I don't normally use.  The D5100 has the same sensor as the D7000 and the quality of the results are very professional.

Corinthian column from an old bank building shot with the Nikkor 24-120mm f/4 zoom.  The coloring and some softness were added later in Photoshop.

Plates stacked up on a diner shelf -- two shots put together as a panorama in Photoshop.  Photographed with the Nikkor 24-120mm f/4 zoom at ISO 640.

Fresh basil photographed in the farmers market using the 70-300mm Nikkor zoom.

St. Marks Church photographed with the new 12-24mm Nikkor zoom.

No comments:

Post a Comment