THIS SITE IS MOVING TO ANOTHER LOCATION:

This site has moved to another blog called, ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY. There will me no further posts to this site. The new site will continue so show my regular shooting progress, but will also contain other topics on photography, such as hands-on equipment and software reviews, historical information on photography, and much more.

When it was set up, the DAILY STOCK SHOT PROJECT was supposed to be a one year project. Last year I extended the project another year due to the popularity of the site, but now it is time to move on.

If you wish to continue following, please visit my new blog at ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY and save it as a new link.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

I found a hotel with a restaurant on the top floor with this view of the Blue Mosque.  So I booked a dinner reservation for a table with a view and this image is the result.  For instructions on how to take night shots similar to his, see my other blog by clicking here.


Having covered most of the basic shots of the city, I decided to go out bright and early and have some fun retracing a few of my favorite places with my favorite camera-lens combinations.  This shot of the Blue Mosque was taken with the Leica M9 and super-wide angle 12mm Voigtlander Heliar lens.  The 12mm Heliar is the widest rectilinear lens available for a full frame camera and can give exciting results when exploited to the fullest.  A major plus to working very early in the morning is that the tourists are still in dream land and you have the city to yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment