THIS SITE IS MOVING TO ANOTHER LOCATION:

This site has moved to another blog called, ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY. There will me no further posts to this site. The new site will continue so show my regular shooting progress, but will also contain other topics on photography, such as hands-on equipment and software reviews, historical information on photography, and much more.

When it was set up, the DAILY STOCK SHOT PROJECT was supposed to be a one year project. Last year I extended the project another year due to the popularity of the site, but now it is time to move on.

If you wish to continue following, please visit my new blog at ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY and save it as a new link.

Friday, May 6, 2011

I was updating my portfolio when I took these two shots.  A wall of light was created by hanging a semi-opaque plastic drop cloth placed in front of some windows.  Gauze curtains were placed in front of this.  The model was photographed slightly out of focus to render an ethereal effect.

To create a hazy look for this image of an angel, the model was placed behind the light wall.  Both images were softened further by using very fast prime Nikkor lenses with wide open apertures.  Setting the Nikon D3s camera to a high ISO also contributed to lowering the contrast and diminishing detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment