THIS SITE IS MOVING TO ANOTHER LOCATION:

This site has moved to another blog called, ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY. There will me no further posts to this site. The new site will continue so show my regular shooting progress, but will also contain other topics on photography, such as hands-on equipment and software reviews, historical information on photography, and much more.

When it was set up, the DAILY STOCK SHOT PROJECT was supposed to be a one year project. Last year I extended the project another year due to the popularity of the site, but now it is time to move on.

If you wish to continue following, please visit my new blog at ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY and save it as a new link.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Arrived in Athens.  The evening brought storm clouds and some rain so I relied on night time shooting to capture this image of the Acropolis.  It is possible to capture shots like this with a blue, night sky even in inclement weather. For more information on how to do this visit my other blog of photo lessons here: Learn Photography.  The shot was done with a Nikon D7000 and 24-70mm Nikkor zoom, f/5.6 and 1/6 second exposure with 100 ISO.  The camera was on a tripod but I didn't have a cable release so I set the camera self-timer for 2 second delay.  That way when I pressed the shutter the camera had 2 seconds to settle down and prevent motion blur of the image.


No comments:

Post a Comment