THIS SITE IS MOVING TO ANOTHER LOCATION:

This site has moved to another blog called, ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY. There will me no further posts to this site. The new site will continue so show my regular shooting progress, but will also contain other topics on photography, such as hands-on equipment and software reviews, historical information on photography, and much more.

When it was set up, the DAILY STOCK SHOT PROJECT was supposed to be a one year project. Last year I extended the project another year due to the popularity of the site, but now it is time to move on.

If you wish to continue following, please visit my new blog at ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY and save it as a new link.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Our studio work flow today called for shooting stock photos of ice cream all day.  This is a very time consuming process for the stylist, which leaves me with a lot of extra time.  On days like this, I usually set up another still life project in the studio and work on it while the stylist is prepping the ice cream.  Because this series is within our normal work flow I am not including these images as part of the blog project.  I only include extra images -- those that are not my our normal work flow -- in the blog.

So for the blog project I did some shots of soap bubbles in between the ice cream takes.  Here are a few images from that series.
  
Usually, soap bubble shots are done in a very colorful manner, like this.  Although I like this strong, colorful graphic, it is not the most marketable way of treating this subject.

Less colorful shots like this are more marketable because they are more practically applicable to industrial product usage.

No comments:

Post a Comment